This 5 ingredient recipe is an easy diabetes-friendly meal that can be eaten for lunch or dinner.
It is super tasty, combining the sweetness of red capsicum with the burst of a cheesy interior.
And it makes a perfect meal when you have a bit of leftover BBQ chicken on hand. Just combine with a few other ingredients; bake; and enjoy!
Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Capsicum
- 3 red capsicum – deseeded and halved lengthways
- 230 g BBQ roast chicken – equiv. to 1.5 cup – shredded – then chop finely
- 2 spring onions – sliced finely
- 185 g cottage cheese – equiv. 3/4 cup
- 45 g cheddar cheese – equiv. 1/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan forced) or 220°C (conventional).
- Put the halved, deseeded capsicums on a baking tray.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, then scoop the mixture evenly into the capsicums.
- Place in the oven and cook for around 20 minutes, or until capsicums are soft around the edges.
- Serve on two plates and enjoy!